Blue Train Extension
Pretoria to Cape Town
Travel & Accommodation
Map & Itinerary
- 2 days aboard the luxurious Blue Train
- 5 fine meals - 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners
Map & Itinerary
- Itinerary and inclusions subject to change
- Please note that your stay on the Blue Train is unescorted.
- Rail itinerary and inclusions subject to change based on local conditions
- This extension can only be purchased in conjunction with your South Africa tour and can be added to the start of your journey
- Gratuities are not included
- Prices are for land/rail only. Flights not included
Arrive in Johannesburg, Pretoria
Arrive in Johannesburg, where you’ll be met and transferred Pretoria. Enjoy pre-departure snacks and drinks at the Pretoria Station Lounge during registration, then board the luxury Blue Train. As the train starts its journey, sit down to enjoy an elegant dinner and settle in for a relaxing experience.
Stay: Two Nights: The Blue TrainDaily :
After breakfast, stop in Kimberley to visit the Open Diamond Mine Museum and take a tour of this historic site. Learn about the diamond-rush years and view a replica of the world’s largest diamond. See the Big Hole, the biggest hand-dug excavation on Earth, before wandering the Old Town where period buildings have been restored to their former glory. Return for lunch on board as the train travels onwards through some of the most breathtaking countryside to be found anywhere in the world, winding its way through sleepless mountain passes, valleys, vineyards and desert plains. On board, you may like to relax in your beautifully appointed suite, or perhaps unwind with a drink in the elegant lounge car before feasting on a sumptuous dinner.Daily :
This morning the city of Cape Town will come into view, with its stunning Table Mountain backdrop. You will disembark the Blue Train mid morning and be transferred to the Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel to commence your Travelmarvel escorted tour.Daily :
In all we had a fantastic holiday. We would recommend Travelmarvel to all who'll ask.