Gorillas of Rwanda Extension
Travel & Accommodation
Map & Itinerary
- 3 nights in premium accommodation
- 6 meals - 3 breakfasts, 1 lunches and 2 dinners
Map & Itinerary
- Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change
- Price includes the cost of gorilla permits ($2,200 per person), subject to availability at time of booking
- The non-refundable permit deposit is due within seven days of booking
- Prices also include one-night’s accommodation in Kigali, two night's at Volcanoes National Park, meals as per itinerary, transfers, local guides, gorilla trackers and flying doctor service for emergency evacuation
- Prices do not include flights to and from Kigali, gratuities or the services of a Travelmarvel Tour Director however, you will be assisted by local guides
- This package can be added to the start or end of your escorted Africa tour
- A maximum of one hour is spent with the gorillas
- Fitness Levels – to participate in this tour a good level of fitness is required. You must be able to walk unaided over rugged terrain and up steep slopes in the mountains and at the lodge
- Prices are for land only. Flights not included
Arrive today in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda. After checking in to your hotel, relax this evening in preparation for tomorrow’s adventure.
Stay: Kigali Serena Hotel
Kigali, Volcanoes National Park
After breakfast, take in the sights of Kigali on a city tour, where the country’s sobering history will be revealed. Your guide will take you to various landmark buildings around the capital, before allowing you time to visit the Genocide Museum. Learn how the Rwandan people have overcome and grown into a progressive and very proud nation. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (own account) before journeying out to your lodge, located in the foothills of the Virunga Mountains, a chain of volcanoes which reach more than 4,500 metres tall at their highest point. The lodge is a short drive from Volcanoes National Park with views to the Virunga Mountains and surrounding countryside. This is the start of your unforgettable mountain gorilla experience.
Stay: Two Nights: Mountain Gorilla View LodgeDaily :
Mountain Gorilla Trekking
Led by experienced trackers, today you’ll be guided on a trek through verdant forests of moss-covered Hagenia trees and Lobelias. Then enjoy one of the world’s greatest wildlife encounters as you spend an hour observing gorillas in their natural habitat. The thick bamboo provides the perfect vantage point to get an up-close and intimate look. Despite their size, these powerful primates are very peaceful and, at the end of your visit, you’ll understand what kept conservationist Dr Dian Fossey here for 18 years researching and protecting these gentle giants.Daily :
This morning, relax at your lodge before returning to Kigali airport for your onward flight.Daily :
Everything was wonderful. There were great sight seeing trips and the guides were very knowledgeable.