Travel & Accommodation
Map & Itinerary
- 3 nights in premium accommodation
- Seven-night Lower Ganges cruise on the RV Rajmahal
- The expert services of a Travelmarvel Cruise Director
- 27 meals, plus local soft drinks, beers and spirits are included during your cruise, and regional wines are available with lunch and dinner on board
- Visit the Pink City of Jaipur
- Enjoy an indulgent stay at the Taj Bengal in Kolkata
- Visit the ancient brass-working village of Matiari in West Bengal
- Unlock the secrets of Murshidabad’s mysterious Hazarduari Palace
Map & Itinerary
- Itinerary and inclusions subject to change
- Prices include transfers, tipping, porterage and port charges
- Low or high water levels may cause disruption to cruising
- Prices are for land and cruise only. Flights not included
Designed exclusively for our guests
Enjoy an included special or unique excursion or event
Enjoy an indulgent stay at the Taj Bengal Hotel in Kolkata.
On arrival at the airport, be met and transferred to your premium hotel, the Taj Bengal.
Stay: Two Nights, Kolkata, Taj Bengal
Today you will embark on a sightseeing tour to take in some of Kolkata’s famous landmarks, including the vibrant Mullik Ghat Flower Market. Other highlights include the Howrah Bridge and ‘Nirmal Hriday”, most commonly known as Mother Teresa’s House. Later this evening, enjoy dinner at your hotel.Daily :
Kolkata, Embark Ship, Farakka
Today you will be transferred to a local train for the colourful and rustic journey from Kolkata to Farakka. Make your way past bellowing food hawkers and over-laden porters to your rail carriage. Once you’ve settled in to your seat, watch the landscapes of India unfold before you. Upon arrival in Farakka, you will be transferred to your river ship for your incredible seven-night cruise.
Stay: Seven Nights, Lower Ganges River, RV RajmahalDaily :
Discover the city of Gaur. The city is strewn with ancient monuments and the remains of mosques. Rejoin the ship above the Farakka lock gate and make the most of your last evening on board.Daily :
This morning, take a stroll through the fields of Baranagar. Here, visit three miniature terracotta temples before continuing up the Lower Ganges. Tonight, your ship moors close to the Farakka Barrage.Daily :
Begin with a trip to the Khushbagh garden. Continue cruising upstream, where the Hazarduari Palace dominates the Murshidabad waterfront. Later, see the Katra Mosque before visiting Nashipara and Kathgola Palaces.Daily :
In Matiari, see first-hand how locals beat brass to make water pots and other utensils, while learning the heritage behind the workmanship.
Explore the riverside village of Matiari. Later, pay a visit to the iconic battlefield of Plassey.Daily :
Embark on a traditional rickshaw ride through the town of Kalna and take in all its main sights.
Discover Kalna today, famous for its iconic terracotta temples. It’s onwards through the countryside to Mayapur. See the ISKCON temple, which dominates the town’s skyline.Daily :
Cruise to Chandannagar and spend time exploring. See the 18th-century French church and the Dupleix’s House.Daily :
Kolkata, Disembark Ship
Disembark this morning in Kolkata. Visit Victoria Memorial and St Paul’s Cathedral. Tonight, enjoy a delicious dinner at Sonargaon Restaurant this evening.
Stay: Kolkata, Taj BengalDaily :
Your holiday comes to an end today. Spend the morning at your leisure before being transferred to the airport for your onward flight.Daily :
Everything was wonderful. There were great sight seeing trips and the guides were very knowledgeable.