Travel & Accommodation
Map & Itinerary
- 3 nights in premium accommodation
- Seven-night Lower Ganges cruise on the RV Rajmahal
- The expert services of a Travelmarvel Cruise Director
- 27 meals, plus local soft drinks, beers and spirits are included during your cruise, and regional wines are available with lunch and dinner on board
- Visit the Pink City of Jaipur
- Enjoy an indulgent stay at the Taj Bengal in Kolkata
- Visit the ancient brass-working village of Matiari in West Bengal
- Unlock the secrets of Murshidabad’s mysterious Hazarduari Palace
Map & Itinerary
- Itinerary and inclusions subject to change
- Prices include transfers, tipping, porterage and port charges
- Low or high water levels may cause disruption to cruising
- Prices are for land and cruise only. Flights not included
Designed exclusively for our guests
Enjoy an included special or unique excursion or event
Enjoy an indulgent stay at Taj Bengal in Kolkata.
Arrive in Kolkata and transfer to your premium hotel, the Taj Bengal.
Stay: Two Nights, Kolkata, Taj Bengal
Embark on a sightseeing tour to take in some of Kolkata’s famous landmarks, including Mullik Ghat Flower Market, the Howrah Bridge and Mother Teresa’s House. Tonight, dinner will be served at your hotel.Daily :
Kolkata, Embark Ship, Serampore, Barrackpore
This morning, board your river ship. Sail past the old Danish colony of Serampore before arriving in the city of Barrackpore.
Stay: Seven Nights, Lower Ganges River, RV RajmahalDaily :
Cruise to Chandannagar and spend time exploring. See the 18th-century French church and the Dupleix’s House.Daily :
Embark on a traditional rickshaw ride through the town of Kalna and take in all its main sights.
Discover Kalna today, famous for its iconic terracotta temples. It’s onwards through the countryside to Mayapur. See the ISKCON temple, which dominates the town’s skyline.Daily :
In Matiari, see first-hand how locals beat brass to make water pots and other utensils, while learning the heritage behind the workmanship.
Explore the riverside village of Matiari. Later, pay a visit to the iconic battlefield of Plassey.Daily :
Continue cruising upstream, where the Hazarduari Palace dominates the Murshidabad waterfront.
Begin with a trip to the Khushbagh garden before enjoying an Insider Experience. Later, see the Katra Mosque before visiting Nashipara and Kathgola Palaces.Daily :
This morning, take a stroll through the fields of Baranagar. Here, visit three miniature terracotta temples before continuing up the Lower Ganges. Tonight, your ship moors close to the Farakka Barrage.Daily :
Discover the city of Gaur. The city is strewn with ancient monuments and the remains of mosques. Rejoin the ship above the Farakka lock gate and make the most of your last evening on board.Daily :
Farakka, Disembark Ship, Kolkata
Disembark this morning and transfer by local train to Kolkata. Visit Victoria Memorial and St Paul’s Cathedral. Tonight, enjoy dinner at Sonargaon Restaurant.
Stay: Kolkata, Taj BengalDaily :
After breakfast, we’ll meet and transfer you to the airport for your onward flight.Daily :
Would not hesitate to recommend Travelmarvel and we are already looking into our next adventure.