Travel & Accommodation
Map & Itinerary
- 15 nights in premium accommodation, seven-night Mekong River cruise and three-night Yangtze River cruise
- Services of a Travelmarvel Tour Director in Vietnam and Cambodia and a Great Rail Journeys Tour Escort in China
- 61 meals – 25 breakfasts, 17 lunches and 19 dinners and international wine, local beer and spirits with lunch and dinner on board your Mekong River cruise
- Visit ODA, which supports local underprivileged children and receive a traditional Buddhist blessing by monks in Oudong
- See a traditional Apsara performance in Siem Reap
- Dine at The Chopsticks Saigon in Ho Chi Minh City and indulge in a traditional Peking Duck banquet in Beijing
- See giant pandas at the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding
- See the bright lights of Shanghai during your floating Farewell Dinner
Map & Itinerary
- Itinerary and inclusions subject to change
- Itinerary days 13-26 are operated by Great Rail Journeys
- Flights from Ho Chi Minh to Beijing on Day 12 is unescorted
- Prices include airport transfers, port charges, tipping, flights between Ho Chi Minh City and Beijing and most porterage
- Cabin pre-selection is not available on cruises in China
- Flights must arrive in Siem Reap by 12 noon on day 1 for afternoon touring
- Prices are for land/cruise/rail and flights as specified only
Designed exclusively for our guests
Enjoy an included special or unique excursion or event
Arrive Siem Reap, Angkor
Visit Opportunities of Development thru Art (ODA).
Enjoy a stay at The Shinta Mani Shack.
Tonight, a Welcome Dinner is accompanied by an Apsara dance.
Begin your holiday at the temple of Ta Prohm. The rest of the day is made up of a series of exciting Insider Experiences.
Stay: Two Nights, Siem Reap, Shinta Mani ShackDaily :
Angkor, Siem Reap
This morning is free to explore. Later, head to Angkor Archaeological Park. Visit the 12th-century temple Bayon and finish the day with sunset at Angkor Wat.Daily :
Siem Reap, Embark Ship at Kampong Cham
Explore the island of Koh Pen by tuk tuk.
Transfer to Kampong Cham to join your Mekong River cruise.
Stay: Seven Nights, Mekong River, RV ApsaraDaily :
Angkor Ban, Oknha Tey
Tour Angkor Ban, one of the few traditional villages to survive the Khmer Rouge. Sail towards Oknha Tey where you will board a local tuk tuk to discover village life.Daily :
Phnom Penh, Oudong
In Oudong, receive a traditional Buddhist blessing by a monk.
Cruise to Phnom Penh then travel by coach to Oudong. Later, continue to Koh Chen and explore the copper workshops.Daily :
Explore the Killing Fields and the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. This afternoon take a tour to the Royal Palace and see the Silver Pagoda and Emerald Buddha.Daily :
Border Crossing, Tan Chau
Spend today on board.Daily :
Tan Chau, Sa Dec
After breakfast, step ashore for a tour of Tan Chau by rickshaw.Daily :
Sa Dec, Cai Be
Take a boat to Sa Dec and visit Huynh Thuy Le’s old house. After lunch, travel to Cai Be.Daily :
Disembark Ship, Cu Chi Tunnels, Ho Chi Minh City
Enjoy a stylish stay at the modern Fusion Suites Saigon.
Discover the Cu Chi Tunnels. This evening and the next, enjoy a stay at the modern Fusion Suites Saigon.
Stay: Two Nights, Ho Chi Minh City, Fusion Suites SaigonDaily :
Ho Chi Minh City
Dine at The Chopsticks Saigon.
Enjoy your last dinner in Vietnam at The Chopsticks Saigon.Daily :
Ho Chi Minh City, Beijing
Today, fly from Vietnam to Beijing in China and transfer to your hotel.
Stay: Four Nights, Beijing, Novotel Peace HotelDaily :
Tonight, meet your China Great Rail Journeys Tour Escort for dinner.Daily :
Beijing, Forbidden City
Visit Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the World Heritage-listed Summer Palace.Daily :
Beijing, Great Wall of China
Tonight, enjoy a Peking Duck banquet.
Today you’ll enjoy the exciting opportunity to walk on the Great Wall of China.Daily :
Board a high-speed train to Xi’an.
This morning after breakfast, visit the Temple of Heaven. Afterwards, make your way to the city of Xi’an via rail.
Stay: Two Nights, Xi’an, Grand MercureDaily :
Tonight indulge in a Chinese dumpling banquet.
See the Terracotta Warriors before a guided tour.Daily :
Embark on a high-speed train journey to Chengdu.
On arrival in Chengdu, transfer to your hotel.
Stay: Two Nights, Chengdu, Tibet HotelDaily :
Spend the morning at the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding.
Spend the morning on an Insider Experience. Visit the Buddhist Wenshu Monastery and the famous Jinli Street.Daily :
Chengdu, Chongqing, Embark Ship
Travel by high-speed train to Chongqing.
Visit Chengdu’s Renmin Park before travelling by train to Chongqing.
Stay: Three Nights, Yangtze River, Century GloryDaily :
Today, explore Shibaozhai. Tonight you’ll enjoy a Captain’s Dinner.Daily :
Scenic Cruising, Shennv Stream
Join a shore excursion to Shennv Stream. Enjoy a traditional Chinese buffet dinner on board.Daily :
Maoping, Disembark Ship, Wuhan
Take a high-speed train to Wuhan.
Disembark and see the Three Gorges Dam Site. Later, depart on a high-speed train to Wuhan.
Stay: Marco Polo WuhanDaily :
Catch a high-speed train to Shanghai.
This morning, visit the Yellow Crane Tower. Later, catch a high-speed train to Shanghai.
Stay: Two Nights, Shanghai, Pullman Jing’anDaily :
See the bright lights of Shanghai during your floating Farewell Dinner.
Explore Yu Garden. On the Huangpu River, enjoy a special Farewell Dinner.Daily :
Following breakfast, transfer to the airport for your onward flight.Daily :
Would not hesitate to recommend Travelmarvel and we are already looking into our next adventure.