Travel & Accommodation
Map & Itinerary
- 9 Nights on board the premium MV Ocean Atlantic Expedition Cruise
- 2 Nights in Premium Accommodation in Buenos Aires
- Enjoy the first of many Zodiac and shore excursions for an in-depth exploration of the South Shetland Islands
- Explore a historic whaling station on Deception Island and perhaps take a polar swim in its geothermal waters
- Engage in many up-close wildlife encounters in Antarctica
- Visit a research station site on the Antarctic Peninsula
- Services of a Travelmarvel Tour Director and Expert Expedition Team
- 28 meals - 11 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 9 dinners
Map & Itinerary
- Itinerary and inclusions subject to change
- Prices include tipping, transfers and all internal flights (including airport taxes, which are subject to change), as per itinerary
- Prices are based on flying from Australia to South America with LATAM Airlines
- Surcharges on internal air will apply if not flying internationally with LATAM Airlines booked by Travelmarvel
- Antarctica cruise itinerary subject to local conditions
- Travel insurance is mandatory on Antarctica cruise
- Prices are for cruise/land and flights specified only
Designed exclusively for our guests
Enjoy an included special or unique excursion or event
Arrive into Buenos Aires, where you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel. Spend time settling in before a welcome briefing at the hotel with your fellow guests, to prepare for your adventure ahead.
Stay: Buenos Aires, Alvear Art Hotel or similar
Ushuaia, Embark Ship
Board your flight for the southern town of Ushuaia, known as the gateway to Antarctica. Here, your expedition ship, the MV Ocean Atlantic, will be ready to embark. This evening, set sail across the Drake Passage towards the South Shetland Islands and Antarctica.
Stay: Nine Nights, MV Ocean AtlanticDaily :
As you make your way southwards today is spent at sea. Excitement builds as Antarctic wildlife begins to come into view. Keep a look out for birds including albatross and petrels, and perhaps enjoy your first sightings of penguins, seals and whales. Below deck, enjoy chef-prepared dining in the onboard restaurant as you settle into life on the open water.Daily :
With a further day at sea, continue wildlife spotting on deck, warming up with complimentary hot drinks, or, perhaps join an onboard lecture. These range from the history of the polar explorers to photography workshops, as well as a discovery of the region’s polar wildlife, biology and geology.Daily :
South Shetland Islands
Enjoy the first of many excursions today, as you explore around the South Shetland Islands by Zodiac and on foot.
Enjoy your first Insider Experience on a Zodiac excursion this morning. Your captain expertly navigates the region’s rugged coastal terrain to provide trouble-free landings. With exceptional access to remote locations aboard skilfully guided Zodiacs, you can enjoy the wealth of captivating scenery and wildlife encounters available.Daily :
South Shetland Islands
Weather permitting, explore islands like Deception Island, where whalers and explorers once landed. Now a base for scientific research, today you’ll explore this remarkable volcanic island, where the water is warm enough for a polar swim – if you’re feeling brave!
On today’s Insider Experience explore islands such as Deception Island. You may also head for Half Moon Island, a natural haven for nesting Wilson’s storm petrels and chinstrap penguins.Daily :
The planned route for the next two days includes Cuverville Island where leopard, Antarctic fur and Weddell seals may be seen. You’ll also pass via the towering ice cliffs of Gerlache Strait and the Lemaire Channel, where you can watch for humpback whales and orcas – all exceptional highlights of this vast polar region. Along the way, keep an eye out for penguin species including the chinstrap, the Adélie and the cheeky gentoo.
The next two days are all about up-close encounters with Antarctic wildlife.Daily :
Visit a historic British research station to learn about the life of research scientists and the work they undertake here.
Zero in on Antarctica’s wildlife and head for shore for another Insider Experience.Daily :
It’s time to depart Antarctic waters for the return crossing via the Drake Passage and back to South America. Perhaps enjoy the ship’s amenities including, the gym, sauna and wellness area.Daily :
Today, enjoy the maritime honour of cruising past Cape Horn, by claiming a spot on the observation deck. A great place to continue watching for wildlife. Alternatively, relax in the ship’s lounge, reflecting on your Antarctic adventure.Daily :
Ushuaia, Disembark Ship, Buenos Aires
This morning disembark in Ushuaia after breakfast and board your flight back to Buenos Aires.
Stay: Buenos Aires, Alvear Art HotelDaily :
Depart Buenos Aires
Be transferred to the airport for your onward flight.Daily :
Everything was wonderful. There were great sight seeing trips and the guides were very knowledgeable.