Iconic Wonders of Peru
Travel & Accommodation
Map & Itinerary
- Nine nights in premium accommodation
- 15 fine meals - 9 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Services of a Travelmarvel Tour Director and expert local guides
- All flights within Peru, tipping and airport transfers
- See a weaving demonstration and meet the locals of the Sacred Valley
- Stay at the Aranwa Sacred Valley
- Travel aboard the 360º Machu Picchu Train to World Heritage-listed Machu Picchu
- Cruise amid the idyllic reed islands and meet the heart-warming locals of Lake Titicaca
Map & Itinerary
- Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change
- Prices include tipping, transfers and all internal flights (including airport taxes, which are subject to change), as per itinerary
- Surcharges on internal air will apply if not flying internationally with LATAM Airlines booked by Travelmarvel
- For those with a good level of fitness, there is an option to replace Day 4 touring with a full-day hike to Machu Picchu - additional expense applies and this must be pre-booked (enquire for details). You’ll then revisit Machu Picchu the next morning for a tour
- Extend your journey – add a Galapagos, Amazon or Nazca Lines extension to your escorted journey
- Prices are for land/rail and flights as specified only
Designed exclusively for our guests
Enjoy an included special or unique excursion or event
Some days of your itinerary provide an opportunity to select a touring variation
Arrive Lima (Peru)
On arrival in Lima, you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel. This evening, meet your Tour Director over a welcome drink.
Stay: Lima, Wyndham Costa del Sol
Lima, Cusco, Chinchero, Sacred Valley
This morning, fly to the World Heritage-listed city of Cusco, the former capital of the Inca Empire. Travel through Cusco to Chinchero, located in the Andean highlands. See how the colourful fabrics of Peru are created during a weaving demonstration. Meet local weavers and learn why it is so important to preserve these ancient traditions. Tonight, enjoy dinner at your hotel. Soak up the Andean atmosphere and relax in comfort at the premium Aranwa Sacred Valley.
Stay: Two Nights, Aranwa Sacred ValleyDaily :
Then visit a local family home and be treated to a traditional home-cooked Peruvian lunch.
Today explore the Ollantaytambo ruins, a unique Inca archaeological site, on the Urumbaba River surrounded by mountains. Enhance Your Journey: Perhaps visit the Terraces of Moray and the Maras salt mines (additional cost applies).Daily :
Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
Inca Trail Hike Option
For those with a good level of fitness, there is an option to replace Day 14 touring with a full-day hike to Machu Picchu - additional expense applies and this must be pre-booked (enquire for details). You’ll then revisit Machu Picchu the next morning for a tour.
Farewell the Sacred Valley this morning. Board the 360º Machu Picchu Train, settle in and soak up the Andean landscapes as you head to Aguas Calientes. On arrival, set off for a guided walking tour of the Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Stay: Aguas Calientes, El MaPi HotelDaily :
Machu Picchu, Cusco
With the morning free, you might like to step out and wander around the colourful stalls of the Mercado de Artesanias craft market in Aguas Calientes. Enhance Your Journey: Perhaps revisit Machu Picchu citadel to further explore (additional cost applies). Later today, re-board the 360º Machu Picchu Train for your journey to Ollantaytambo station, before a coach returns you to Cusco. Enjoy a Peruvian dinner and traditional folklore show at the Tunupa Restaurant Bar & Grill this evening.
Stay: Two Nights, Cusco, Hilton Garden InnDaily :
A guided walking tour through Cusco today will take you to the city’s historic heart, the Plaza de Armas. During your tour you’ll visit the sacred site of Koricancha and the baroque church of Santo Domingo. The afternoon is yours to enjoy the atmosphere of this city.Daily :
Cusco, Lake Titicaca
Take a coach to the city of Puno, on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Along the way, you’ll stop at the small town of Andahuaylillas, known for its picturesque Sistine Chapel. You’ll also stop for a hearty buffet lunch. On arrival in Puno, this evening is at your leisure.
Stay: Puno, GHL Lago TiticacaDaily :
Lake Titicaca, Lima
After lunch at the hotel, set out on a cruise over the lake to the extraordinary home of the Uros people – a group of more than 40 man-made islands created from floating reeds. Enjoy an insight into the Uros’ unique way of life and experience this region’s spectacular scenery.
Set on the border of Peru and Bolivia, Lake Titicaca is considered the highest navigable lake in the world. Enjoy a free morning here. Enhance Your Journey: Perhaps visit Sillustani burial site, an intriguing pre-Inca cemetery (additional cost applies). Afterwards, transfer to the airport and fly to Lima.
Stay: Two Nights, Lima, INNSIDE MirafloresDaily :
On a guided tour of the World Heritage-listed historic centre of Lima, admire the Iglesia de Santo Domingo. This evening, indulge in a Farewell Dinner in a truly stunning setting at Huaca Pucllana Restaurant, within the ruins of an archaeological compound beside an illuminated adobe pyramid.Daily :
This morning after breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight.Daily :
I am recommending Travelmarvel to everyone. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Thanks again guys and would love to travel with you in the future.
Amazon Lodge and Galápagos Cruise Extension
11-Day Extension, Lima to Guayaquil
Highlights of South America & Chilean Fjords Cruise
Rio de Janeiro to Lima