Travel & Accommodation
Map & Itinerary
- 2 nights at the La Hacienda Bahia Paracas
- Services of expert local guides
- 2 fine meals – 2 breakfasts
- Sightseeing flight from Pisco over the Nazca Desert
- Transfers between Lima and Paracas by private vehicle
Map & Itinerary
- Itinerary and inclusions subject to change
- Prices include meals and transfers as per itinerary
- This extension can only be purchased in conjunction with an escorted Travelmarvel South America tour
- It can be added to the end of all departure dates of the IST20, ISTL10, ISTH33, ISTANT23 and ISTANT28.
- You will not be escorted by a Travelmarvel Tour Director on this extension
- Prices are for land and scenic flight as specified only
From Lima, you’ll be transferred by private vehicle to the small Peruvian port town of Paracas. On arrival, check in to your beachside hotel, La Hacienda Bahia Paracas, set right on the shores of the beautiful Bay of Paracas. The remainder of today is yours at leisure to relax or perhaps step out to explore.
Stay: Two Nights, La Hacienda Bahia Paracas
Thought to have been created around 1,500 years ago by a pre-Inca civilisation, the Nazca Lines are a series of geometric lines carved into the Nazca Desert, accompanied by a set of more than 70 animal geoglyphs. The size, scale and grandeur of these World Heritage-listed etchings are best appreciated from the air, and so it is this morning that we’ll take you to the airport in Pisco to board a small aircraft for a sightseeing flight over the desert. While there is no definitive conclusion as to exactly how the lines were created all those years ago, scholars generally accept that they hold religious significance. Learn how the lines – trenches dug through a layer of pebbles to reveal a different coloured subsoil – have been naturally preserved thanks to the stable and windless desert climate. Watch for the more well-known of the many zoomorphic figures, such as the condor, hummingbird, spider and fish. On touching back down at Pisco airport, return to Paracas. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.Daily :
Paracas acts as the perfect launching pad for another fascinating experience this morning –a visit to the nearby Ballestas Islands. Boarding your hotel’s own vessel, you’ll set off on a cruise along the Peruvian coastline to explore the islands that are often described as a mini-Galápagos, thanks to the abundance of coastal wildlife, including blue-footed boobies, fur seals, sea lions and Humboldt penguins. On the way out to the islands, you’ll pass the intriguing Paracas Candelabra. Not dissimilar to the geoglyphs of Nazca, little is known of this giant geoglyph carved into the desert dunes, though pottery found nearby has been carbon dated to around 200 BCE. After taking in this remarkable marking and the wildlife of the Ballestas Islands, return to shore. From here, your journey ends with a transfer by private vehicle back to Lima.Daily :
I could not have asked for more regarding a tour guide. Helpful in all ways, terrific personality.